Admission & Method of Application:
Admission to Govt. College of Art & Crafts, Assam, Guwahati are open to all citizens of the Union of India, which they are seeking admission and provided they have passed the HSLC/HSSLC or equivalent examination with minimum qualifying percentage.
APPLICATION FORMS & SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
The application forms are available from the OFFICE OF THE PRINCIPAL, GOVT. COLLEGE OF ART & CRAFTS, ASSAM, BASISTHA, and GUWAHATI – 29.
Application duly filled in and accompanied by specified documents (given in the application form) are to reach on or before the prescribed date as announce in the advertisement issued generally during the months of June / July each year and handed over personally at the College office. Applications received after the prescribed date will not be considered.
All applications forms should be accompanied with attested copies of the following documents:-
- Birth Certificate / Age Certificate
- Pass Certificate of School Final Examination
- Mark sheet of last Examination appeared.
- Character Certificate from the Headmaster or Principal of the school / college last attended
- Permanent Residential Certificate
- S.T. /S.C. Certificate (in case of candidates belonging to this category) / OBC, MOBC etc.
- Migration Certificate.
- Two Passport size photograph
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Fathers / Guardians Income Certificate
- All eligible candidates for the Course of Bachelor of Fine Art will be required to sit for a compulsory admission test held by the College Authorities.
- Candidates are expected to bring their own art materials like – Pencils, Paint Box, Brushes, and Eraser etc. for the test.
- Candidates are expected to have considerable general knowledge in the field of Art theoretically, specially in reference to the present art scenario of Assam.
- The mode of Admission test conducted consists of a practical performance test, basic theoretical knowledge test and after the screening and viewing of scripts.
- Only the successful candidates will be eligible for the viva – voca test.
- Admission selection will be made by a committee will be final.
- Merit list will be prepared based on the admission test, (including those for reserved and unreserved seats).
- List of candidates selected for admission will be displayed at the College notice board as well as on Website on the date of announcement.
- Applicants are advised to make any further necessary inquiries at the College Office.
- On receipt of the admission intimation, applicant should join the College on the opening day of the New Session i.e. 1st of August or on the fixed by the College authority.
- No extension for joining time will normally be granted.